Monday 10 September 2018

Old Margate and Ramsgate Photos, Painting in the Pav, Bookshop thoughts, same old...




















Lunch, well brunch actually was a Wetherspoons at the Royal Victoria Pavilion in Ramsgate job.

I painted what can probably considered as the beginning of a watercolour from the balcony. We will see how it goes.

An interesting view, so progress photos, mostly for me
I have started it on the top right part of a full sheet of paper folded up
The seat is not very desirable which makes it a good place to start a painting as I will probably mostly be able to sit there when it is busy.
The main problem with watercolour is that you can't paint light paint on top of dark paint.

I have just got back from an evening walk in Ramsgate, a tall ship in the harbour, mitre gates leaking, no sign of the crosswall bridge being fixed which makes the walk a bit one sided.

Link to walk photos

The bit of the blog above was written with my phone, so may have errors.

I am still a bit flummoxed by the vanishing of shops and the lack of non booze related leisure, what is it that most people do?

I was thinking yesterday in while in Debenhams, that not long ago it would have been full of people most of whom didn't look like they would enjoy online shopping.

Once again a busy day in the bookshop, and once again a lot of sales from the 5p to 50p window, when I got back from the walk i tries to take some photos of it, the light could have been better for my phone's camera, but here they are.












I think an important point is that I am not having any trouble sourcing books and it is easy to have plenty of reasonable quality titles that are very cheap. Part of the strange world we live in? well not really, it's a bit of a tradition with secondhand books that some are very cheap.

On the other side of the coin, I am very keen to buy more expensive books and if you have books you want to sell the please send us pictures of the spines only

 Like these which I have just lifted from our bookshop website
This is the link to the contact details

And this the link to our ordinary modern books that are 50p or over

and while I am on the bookshop subject

This is the link to the books we put out today

Anyway there is something rotten in the state of retail and as buying and selling forms a very large part of what civilised humans do, I am still focused on what it is.

 



1 comment:

  1. cliff terrace, war memorial and westcliff priceless. you crazy diamond.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.