Tuesday 25 September 2018

Old local photos bit more watercolour and a bit of Manston stuff.

 I am getting a bit better with the lighting where I have moved my desk to and using the camera in my very cheap smartphone.
 I will try and sort the worst of them out later










While I am supportive of a local passenger airport I don't support building a giant airfreight hub at Manston.

I do  Manston posts from time to time starting with https://thanetonline.blogspot.com/2008/08/infratill-v-gateway.html over 10 years ago and if I have remembered to tag them they all come up by clicking on this link https://thanetonline.blogspot.com/search/label/Manston%20Airport and every time you get to the bottom of a page clicking on the “Older Posts” link there.

At the moment there is a fire at Westwood near to the airport at Manston, what is burning there is 6,000 bales of rubbish, plastics, paper, cardboard, labels, and other corrugated materials, so apart from the fossil fuel derived plastics which will be about as nasty as kerosene, probably not as bad for you as aviation kerosene.

I reckon that one bale is about  tonne or less and that frankly if you have smelt the fire at all over the past few days then the deadly particulate matter from jet engines at Manston will come your way, reduce your life expectancy and increase your chance of getting dementia.

You can't smell particulate matter and the smallest,  2.5pm also called 2.5 micron particulates travel through the air for miles.

I think every cargo plane movement at Manston will burn at least 3 tonnes of fuel on the ground at Manston, this is based on the planes and plane engines that RiverOak say they are going to use in their application documents.

If you have read their application you would have to have read about 400 pages a day since they submitted their 11,000 page application around the beginning of the month, so if anyone says the have, they may be being economical with the truth.

The absolute minimum number of freight movements to qualify for a DCO is 10,000 so 1 tonne for the ground movement and 2 tonnes on the runway means 30,000 tonnes of aviation kerosene burnt per year here in Thanet.

Taking the, less than 6,000 tonne fire at Westwood and comparing it, my first thought is how much will burn and how much have the fire brigade managed to put out.

On a more cheerful note the weather was so nice today that I had my brunch outside on the sundeck of The Royal Victoria Pavilion today

 Not much progress with my watercolour from that seat there as I have a lot on at the moment.

This is the link to the photos of the books we put out in the bookshop today

This is the link to the photos I took at lunchtime

1 comment:

  1. Mumford mixed bathing ~ praise the lord, what is the world coming too, hail mary, mother of god deliver us from such wretched modernities. I prey they were able to hold there heads proud in church. ~ could this have been the beginning of the end that years later became millmead and newington.....

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.