Thursday 27 September 2018

The hydraulic rams for Ramsgate crosswall flapgate going in and a pilgrimage to Canterbury

 So is it the picture on the front or the writing on the back, what does it for you.








A bit of a butter side down day today

I don't think skies are my bag, I washed some sky onto this paining in Canterbury today only to have it fall face down on the pavement. Sponging the dirt off has streaked the tree into the the sky.

The craft of taking photos from a moving car on the road to Canterbury is not an exact one.

I did however manage to get some photos of working on the flapgate here in Ramsgate yesterday and I guess if I get time I will remove the worst of the photos.

This is the link to the photos on my SD card

Not much went out in the bookshop yesterday but

  here's the link

The bookshop is still reasonably busy although the school holidays have finished

 I think this is probably due partly to the rapidly declining shopping options here in the far southeast
I think there is some hope that the arts may in some way replace some of the shops that have gone.

I think Canterbury has lost more area of town centre retail space recently than any other town we visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.