Tuesday 18 September 2018

Old local pictures, rant and stuff

I think we are getting pretty close to needing to reintroduce something like Plato's Academy. You may remember that the ancient Greeks found they needed the academy to improve the standards of those in public life.

I think one group that could benefit from an improvement is our politicians and that thinking about the infinite and suchlike could help them out a bit over minor issues[compared to the infinite and suchlike] like Brexit or whatever.

The ancient Greeks were tricky though separating everything up as either good or bad is one thing but separating the sexes this way, well a bit gay; as my children would put it. Although the ancient Greeks thought it was the gods who separated man, originally an eight legged two headed creature, into the the two sexes. Hence finding your other half - however it seem that things are a bit vague about whether women were involved at all.

On the local political front I note my emails today contain one from Roger Gale explaining why we don't need a stroke unit, here is the link for anyone who wants to read it I think it is fair to say that people who don't survive a stroke are unlikely to vote for you.

We have just had a big fire near Manston with the smoke blowing into Margate because of the prevailing wind. Of course the minimum 10,000 tonnes of aviation kerosene, to satisfy DCO requirements, 1 tonne per movement, that would need to be burnt a year on the ground at Manston will give off particles you can neither smell or see.

The real rub with this one is that RSP Riveroak's own documents say that this pollution will increase the chance of, heart disease, stroke, premature death and dementia. Even those happy to lay down their lives for increased airfreight seem to find the idea of increasing their chances of getting dementia a bit much. 

It looks like the hydraulic rams and the new harbour gates and bridge control unit have arrived and are being installed, this should mean that we can walk the full length of the crosswall soon.

Here is the link to the photos I took just now


















Pricing books in the bookshop today,

got to this one and thought a picture inside was interesting

Bill Stone was the baker in King Street Ramsgate and Ron Smith the butcher in Ramsgate High Street.

Here is the link to the rest of the books we put out today

 Town Council activity in King St today

Police activity on Plains of Waterloo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.