Wednesday 6 March 2019

Archive aerial photos of Thanet, click on to enlarge, spooky coincidences in the bookshop and a bit more painting in the Pav


If you expand this one you will see something has gone wrong, probably in the aerial camera, so the top of the photo is shot from a different position to the bottom

















None of these photos are dated but I think it reasonable to assume they were all taken in the 1920s and 30s.

Here in Michael's Bookshop where I work as a shop assistant, the spooky in terms of people asking for the most obscure book and me taking them to where it would be, if we had it, and then finding that the book they asked me for - against my expectations is; on the shelf.

This used to be thought of as the spooky secondhand bookshop effect; but now it turns out to be be due to quantum entanglement

With quantum consciousness the particles in the customer's brain's microtubules and the particles in the book are almost bound to be entangled. If not then their memristors, if they exist, are storing information taking them to the right bookshop; init.

I think it probable that as science now seems to be saying magic can work, as long as you/we don't observe it to closely ,then we could be entering a new age ,where magic may start to work again; as it did in the Dark Ages.

International woman's day this week, I am primarily a Darwinian feminist but in the book business, the party trick is can you name 3 famous American feminist novelists? It is much more difficult than you think, some photos of  Virginia Woolf the coloured ones taken by Gisèle Freund I think taken in 1939, so you only need to think of two more.





I managed to get a little time painting my watercolour sketch in the Royal Victoria Pavilion here in Ramsgate aka Wetherspoons

Already a question on the blog, so a detail to help with, spot the difference as I try to populate the sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.