Monday 18 March 2019

Ramsgate photos 2010 and today

A busy day at work today, mostly catching up with bureaucracy, if you have emailed me recently I should have replied. if I haven't then I'm sorry ant it's probably down to human error. I have four hand written letters about local history and /or local books with no return address on them, so couldn't reply.

For the dedicated followers of the bookshop, here are the pictures of the books we put out today https://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.com/2019/03/greek-peppa-pig-in-bookshop.html 

On the political correctness front I think I draw the line at the BBC with the caption on one of the pictures in this article. Master craftsmen and craftswomen is ok by me and master craftswomen and craftsmen too, but master craftsmen and women mmm.   


I don't mind this sort of thing from people who aren't in the word business, but major media should know better and would be on the back of some elected but untrained person like a ton of bricks. 

The following pictures of Ramsgate were taken in 2010













































This next lot were taken today












id18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.