Thursday 14 March 2019

Photos of Ramsgate around 10 years ago Canterbury shopping wosisiname


















 

Today's photos were mostly Herne Bay and Canterbury here is the link to them

Canterbury today was mostly bookshopping, partly for me and partly for Michael's Bookshop where I work. For bookshop followers here is the link to the photos of the books we put out yesterday

I bought some sheets of watercolour paper and then went on to CEX to look at the cameras and buy a cd for the car.

I think the future of physical digital media is highlighted by the following phone photos



In the wider world I note that quantum computers are now able to reverse time  and that parliament has voted to delay BREXIT, I am keeping a much closer eye on the bookshop figures. February showed a reasonably good increase in shop sales but a reduction in online sales. I should point out here is that our online sales are very modest anyway. They are a mixture of the books about East Kent that we publish, books I have bought for the bookshop that have failed to sell to walk in customers and books that are too obscure to sell in the bookshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.