Tuesday 5 March 2019

Ramsgate and Margate Photos,

 This later became Merrie England and the Pleasurama and is now just a horrible mess behind the main sands in Ramsgate. Before Olympia it was The Ramsgate Sands Station
 as you can see in this picture
 An early one of The Royal Victoria Pavilion
 and another of the station
 I think this one is just after 1860 when the station was built, bottom left is the turntable to turn the railway locomotives and centre is Moses's Shipyard before it relocated to where Port Ramsgate is now around 1870

 St Barnabas Margate 1912
 Wesleyian Mission Band Margate c1905

 Hospital Victore /road
 1904
 St Johns Church 1850
 1915


Margate Ambulance Corp




 Margate flower show 1905
 Margate High Street 1905
 1910


 1908
 1910


 1938


 Holy Trinity Margate

 These two photos that I have put up on the internet a few times in the last 10 years often get copied and published as very small image files, particularly on facebook and often with the wrong dates.

The photos should expand if you click on them a bit. They show what will eventually become the railway station in 1860 and later Pleasurama, so they were both taken before 1860.

A busy day at work today

Vide the books and note Androgyny givin the finger in renascence art or is it Salaì or is it Angel of Annunciation 

Do you accept cookies? Perhaps the worst attempt at improving internet cookies which means most of us will instantly click on pretty much any message that pops up when we go to a new and often unknown website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.