Thursday 28 March 2019

Margate Ramsgate historic photos, Herne Bay and Margate Turner Contemporary etc 28.3.2019

Busy day today, as I had to go to several different places to look at books.
A few Margate hotels


An interesting photo effect from 1954, there would be several ways of doing this in the darkroom I think

I guess B Company 1st Cadet Battalion Buffs 1911 Officers and NCOs  1901 is worth clicking on to expand. A view into local history



This is the abandoned Page and Son warehouse, before it became the abandoned Age and Son restaurant
no caption for this one which looks like Ramsgate Sea cadets









Not a successful day for me, bookshops closed when thy should have been open, not many books worth buying all round. 


Interesting exhibition of work by prisoners at Turner Contemporary


 KCC Direct Pizza?
 This may seem a bit sexist
 But what about the "Lying Bar"
This seems to support the possibility that there may be deliberate humour in contemporary art.

Link to photos of the books we put out yesterday

Link the photos for today's post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.