Tuesday 12 March 2019

Old Ramsgate and Margate photos, click to enlarge and the rest.

 Firstly a Photo of what is now the derelict and abandoned Pleasurama land banking site, probably when the photo was taken Olympia, Merrie England 
 I think this may have been one of the first visits of an aeroplane to Ramsgate the round Britain waterplane race of 1913.
 Moses and Beeching Shipyard around 1910
 The Ramsgate Sands Station in the 1880s
 Another 1880s one here, this is now Wetherspoons
 I would guess this is around 1900

Some Margate ones now









Back to Ramsgate, looking down Harbour St the Town Hall, built in 1839 on the right and demolished in 1955 along with Page's wine and spirits behind it, I think this photo was taken around 1910 with the crown being related to the coronation of George V. 

 Once again a much busier day and bookshop today than expected with the forecast, I'm basically putting this down to all the bad news about screen use.

Anyway for those of you who follow the bookshop blog, here are the new arrivals

What happens with these is we price them and then we photograph them, blog the photos and then we put them in the window and then we put them on the shelves in the bookshop.

This is looking up Harbour Street in Ramsgate around 1890

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.