Friday 1 March 2019

Old photos, a bit of paining at the Pav, perhaps a bit of a ramble.

Another lazy blog post done by just taking photos of a few old postcards and loading straight from the camera's card.
 Broadstairs in 1969 is a bit of a spot the diffrence

 I think this is late 60s
 and a close up from the same card which shows the glass wind screens on the bandstand
  The Granville before WW2 as the end closest is still there
 I can't make out the date on this one



 Margate before 1912

 Margate jetty before 1907

 A bit more on the sketch in The Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate aka Wetherspoons, over supper this evening, spot the difference link to larger photo
My cheap Chinese phone Oukitel K3 which I got about a year ago has just started to fail after about a year, pretty much as expected. The OTG and OTG charging has stopped working. This means I can't attach a lead with a female USB socket to transfer photos from my camera's SD card, or use it to charge other devices like my sound cancelling headphones and folding bluetooth  keyboard.

The next one will be an Oukitel K8, the issue I have is that I don't want to have an expensive phone, or for that matter anything that costs over about £150 in my pockets, not do I want something that costs over £500 going out of date on me.

Work wise in the bookshop, a busy day

Link to the photos of the books we put out today

I think the slow drip of scientific studies showing that screen use over about 3 to 5 hours a day is bad for our brains is one of the things having an impact on people buying and reading paper books.

here is the link to today's news article

Just putting my sort of mechanic hat on at the moment and once again drawing people's attention to this news article

Link

The implications of being able to send something you can feel by email or on a website combined with the existing technology which can sense movement i.e. feel back are truly mind boggling.

We have been able to send and receive audio and video for over 100 years but touch I really don't think the implications have caught on yet. Perhaps the media are asleep.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.