Thursday 5 March 2020

8 Thanet mystery photos, yesterday's answers

 Question 1 which Thanet shop does the arrow point to? not what it is now but what it was back when the photo was taken in the early 1900s

 Question 2 which Thanet pub?

 Question 3 Which Thanet Road?

 Question 4 which thanet road?

 Question 5 Where in Thanet

 Question 6 is probably the difficult one 2 photos and anything you would like to say for an answer

Question 7 Which Thanet building is the arrow pointing to and where is it? A bit of a one very hard question and one fairly easy one.

I have been having a lazy day off, I was going to go out book buying for the bookshop but decided the weather was too bad.

Back to work in the bookshop tomorrow, I am looking forward to the steady improvements to the art section.

yesterday's answers

 Football Match At Dreamland 1920s
Another view different match in Facebook comments

 Convent of the Assumption Goodwin Road Ramsgate 1902


 


I think the answer in the Facebook comments was right "Julian Pile Number 5 looks like st John's school,st Peters road entrance.
David Gutteridge I think so, but it looks like the Victoria Road side to me
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
Michael Child David Gutteridge I think you must be right colour photo

 Jury's still out on where this one is

 Six Bells 201 High Street Margate, there is something here related to both the power of the internet and photography, the photo is dated 1880 although the date may be slightly wrong it says a lot for imaging technology that this group of Thanet residents were viewed by about 1,000 thanet residents 140 years later, of course my page view statistics may also be slightly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.