Monday 16 March 2020

Do you recognise any of these old Thanet photos? The answers to yesterday's mystery photos


 Q 1 which popular Thanet shopping street? I should add that I'm not entirely sure the contemporary printed text on this photo is right so will be interested to see what people make of it

Q 2 what and where in Thanet?

 q 3 what and where in Thanet?

 Q 4 which Thanet street?

Q 5 a once well known Thanet business photographed with it's vehicles outside, do you know what and where it was?

It seemed quieter today in terms of the number of customers at Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate, sales were down slightly on the Mon week 3 2019 so I think the effects of coronavirus is starting to have an impact on the business.

It's very hard to tell with this sort of thing based on one day's sales, however the quieter feel is another matter altogether.

from our point of view it gave us time to top up the Thanet book section as you can the from the
photos of the books we put out today

I carried on with the music section in the bookshop
 as you can see this is starting to take shape

Next yesterday's answers 
 Dickens house museum
 Foy Boat


Two thanet Steamers both called Royal Sovereign. Above and below

St Catherine’s Church Church Manston

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.