Sunday 15 March 2020

Do you know The Isle of Thanet photo quiz, ramble etc

 Q1 What and where in Thanet

 Q 2 Which well known Thanet building am I taking this photo from

 Q 3 Which old Thanet pub?

 Q 4 Where in Thanet and what's going on

 Q 5 These two steamers (above and below) were both Thanet regulars and both had the same name, what was that name?

Yesterday's answers

 Hereson School




St Paul's King Street Ramsgate.

One of the laziest days off I have had for a very long time

Photography notes

one of my children had been borrowing Canon S3IS camera, this is a bot of a digital antique, but a fairly good camera to learn some aspects of digital photography on.

So I took it with me + shopping trolley to Waitrose to get the shopping today link to a few shots on the way   one advantage with this particular camera is the digital zoom takes advantage of the size the camera is taking the photos in

(for the photographers these are f/4 1/1250 sec. handheld from Queen St)
 not much depth of field at f/4 so with the Granville tower in focus the clock is out of focus, the photo above is full focal zoom and the one below full digital.

or the other way around, with the clock in focus the tower isn't.

an alternative would be to save the photos in full definition, this would be pointless for using on the internet as they would be far too big.

this effect is mostly used in portraits to get the person's face in focus and the background blurry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.