Monday 1 October 2018

A few old photos, shops opening in Ramsgate and some thoughts about dealing with the government.

 Sorry that some of the photos of the photos are a bit shaky mobile phone ones.



 I was looking few a pile of postcards in order to confirm what I said about the broadstairs bathing tents being between the wars and this one seems to confirm it.



 This one says around 1913 on the back


 I also came across a couple more of the model village ones that I posted yesterday

next behold the link to the pictures of the books we put out today in Michael's Bookshop Ramsgate.

One way or another a lot of my time at the moment is spent corresponding with civil servants and the like, and while doing one's civil duty is all very well, I am very much aware that most will be being paid something in the £1,000 a week ballpark, while I don't get paid at all.

Getting time to write the blog and work in the bookshop and beyond that getting time to paint is difficult.

I have been engaging with two sets of ombudsmen, and the prime minister's office, which is probably bigger than mine, my advice is don't. Today the HMRC and honestly a totally thing that should have been in the form I filled in.

Next the shops





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.