Tuesday 16 October 2018

Some old Thanet pictures and a moan about the council














Once again seeing the Ramsgate Harbour Crosswall bridge was down I enthusiastically headed out towards it armed with filled (cheese salad) a roll from Rooks in King Street.

The repairs to the the harbour gates and the bridge are interesting and I think there have been issues, delays and technical problems, but essentially if the information was available to the public, then a tourist attraction.

  I think we have now reached the point where there is a tape preventing people getting to the lookout post there so that the council worker there is no longer in a position to be able to tell us that he doesn't know what's going on either.

It is us the Thanet council taxpayers that put up the money, I think that Ramsgate Royal Harbour is one of the most significant tourist attractions in Kent.

Oh well here is the link to the rest of the photos

Work wise today I have been fixing a creak in floor by my desk with a little help from coworkers this should also involve building more bookshelving.

Lots of books went out on the shelves today too here is the link to the photos of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.