Thursday 25 October 2018

Night painting from Enoteca Bar Ramsgate and Night photos of Ramsgate

Harbour Parade in Ramsgate has one of the best cafe cultures in the area, I think it dates back for a while
Here it is in 1817


 and about a hundred years later or one hundred years ago from now
Sketching into the dark isn't as difficult as it sounds
Enoteca - Bar & Lounge is my favourite for the mixture of view, atmosphere and food, if you do go somewhere to sketch with watercolour in the evening the key is finding a spot where you can see the paper.

Low light, hand held, wide angle photography is a very hit and miss affair, you are supposed to fiddle with the camera controls, especially the white balance, you are supposed to use a tripod.

If you wander around snapping in the dark, well you get something, here are the links to the pictures.

Link 1

Link 2

I should respectfully remind readers that they don't have to look at them and that being lazy it's much easier for me to copy all of the pictures on the camera card to my website and just leave it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.