Thursday 18 October 2018

Shopping, Whitstable and Thanet

I guess in a way we have become the victims of bigger and bigger businesses and their various strategies to take our money from us. I think there seems to be something happening in Whitstable where there is a sort of fighting back and winning.

Quite a few of the shops that are selling tangible seem to be working out, especially clothes shops.

The old picture today are Margate and Ramsgate shops around 1905 from various books in the bookshop.






 Although today involved a fair bit of book buying

I did buy Beggars Banquet on CD for the car, this is one of my favourite albums  produced by the Rolling Stones the secondhand CD I bought today cost £5.99, I have had a few bad experiences with cheap online purchases recently, so I tend to use shops or buy new online which would have been about twelve quid.

This album came out when I was a teenager and back then was very expensive, all the decent albums were - around a weeks rent for a flat I would think. The dubious ways I managed to it acquire a 10 x 10 Leak amplifier, Goodmans speakers which we still use in the kitchen and Garrard SP 25 MK2 transcription deck, best not go there.

The books we put out in the bookshop yesterday, an eclectic batch, pictures of them now on the bookshop blog

this is the link to them

Today's photos mostly Whitstable

this is the link to them

I was fairly pleased with the stripy cat


lunch for the two of us £16.10

Bacon sarnis and pot of tea for 2 in Coastal Kitchen

Watercolour sketch over lunch from table in the window of cafe

 Photo from same spot for any aspiring critics.

To be honest in the whole of east Kent it is very difficult to get lunch at a table that there is something sketchable from.

Anyway time ran out, Oxford Street books beckoned




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.