Monday 29 October 2018

Old pictures of Ramsgate and Margate Harbour and something















Of all the questions in the bookshop, this is the second time too. "Hello Michael, I've been told you buy meat." and "Do you want to buy some meat." What can you say? Do people buy and sell meat door to door? Is it dodgy?

One aspect of having a predominantly secondhand bookshop is that, unlike most other shops, we not only sell things but buy them too. This is almost entirely books, however I do buy old local pictures particularly of Ramsgate too and thinking about this we buy maps too.

I am half expecting someone to open a coat full of watches, actually I don't suppose people use watches anymore, apart from someone without a smartphone and they must be getting a bit thin on the ground.

Essentially the message is always that I want to buy good quality books. The question, what are good quality books? Is a little difficult to answer, but something along the lines of the books owned by people who frequent good quality bookshops.

I suppose keeping an eye on our bookshop blog where we put photos of the books we price on any given day may help.

here is the link to today's

On the personal front my alma mater is giving me a bit of trouble at the moment, this means I don't have much time for coherent writing on other matters, there is a plus side to this which is that I think while a lot of people look at the pictures I put up here I don't think many read the writing.

Finally if you do have books you want to sell to me, the easy one is to send me photos of the spines of the books
like this


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.