Friday 19 October 2018

Local photos and cameras

Nearly every camera will produce reasonable pictures on a bright day and reasonable zoom pictures on a bright day and on a tripod. This is all fine and dandy if photography is your main interest or your job.

My main interest is watercolour painting and my job is working as a shop assistant in Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate, glancing interests include writing this blog and I take snapshots using the camera in my pocket.

Of course there isn't much point in me taking snapshots that me or anyone else could take using a mobile phone camera. This means the camera in my pocket has to be versatile, and take different attachments.

I have bought a 1.5 x lens for my Canon S3 IS zoom bridge camera and tried it out this afternoon 


I have also replaced the 0.42 converter that I mostly use on my Pentax K-r DSLR camera

Link to photos

So eventually I thought I would give 0.42 a go tonight Wetherspoons out and about.

link to the photos


Anyway I guess that is a bit of a blog update

This month ten years ago Gerald Trip was transcribing a batch of old Ramsgate documents I had bought, one of my local history sites relating to this with links along the top

Here is the link to the documents

Very busy day in the bookshop today

here is th elink to the photos of the books we put out 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.