Wednesday 27 November 2019

Four Mystery pictures and a strange one, yesterday's Answer in pictures and the rest of it

 Do you know where in Thanet this clock is? Mystery number !

 Do you know which famous Thanet building, now demolished this is and who the artist was? Mystery number 2

 Do you know what this building was and where in Thanet it was? Mystery number 3

 Do you know which Thanet religious building this is? Mystery number 4

This is the strange one I will call it mystery number 5 in case any one has any ideas. Westonville is the previous name for Westbrook, but I don't this the caption can be right, I think where it was will remain a bit of a mystery. 

Yesterday's mystery photo was. Royal Temple Yacht Club, photos take in 2017 with a zoom camera, in this case a Canon S3 IS which is a 2006 camera so a bit of a digital antique. So here are the rest of the photos from that spot zooming in on the TV aerials. All the photos will expand if you click on them.



A useful camera for me as I don't think just putting local photos on the internet that anyone could have taken with their phone would be interesting enough for other people to look at.

Rather in the way I don't see myself as an artist but more of a painter, I don't see myself as an photographer but more of a snapper. I often don't stop walking to take photos and publish all of the photos rather than selecting a good one.

I noticed a long time ago that when another member of the family wants to show you their holiday photos, leave them with us, and viewing them when they are not there is much more amusing.

"Why is he wearing that hat." Type of kidney and I expect people to view my snaps in this way. "He missed the seagull again." Well you know what I mean.

 Apart from the Canon I have various cameras that do different things
the one thing they all have in common is the have both a view finding screen and a viewfinder with an eyepiece that has an adjuster for your eyesight, essential if you wear reading glasses, to read, like I do.

Here at Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate, I have had another day of carpentry, making more bookshelves. My groanup mentioned something about carpentry in our flat tomorrow, so I may get in a bit of paining at the Pav.

link to the pictures of the books we put out today
 
I may add some more to this post later on.

4 comments:

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.