Thursday 21 November 2019

Mystery photo, Ramsgate tunnels emergency electricity generator and battery room, yesterdays answer and Quex

Here is Today's mystery Thanet Photo, do you know where it is?

Next yesterdays mystery picture, I have put it above for reference, this is the electric power control room for The Ramsgate Air Raid Tunnels, I first saw this photo yesterday so research is minimal. Of course, when you think about it there would have had to have been one.

 My guess would be near the hospital entrance, perhaps in one of these brick lined rooms.

The hospital end of the tunnels is difficult to get to, so it hasn't had many visitors since WW2 so the wiring is still there, as you can see from this recent photo.

There isn't much down there now and what there is is rotting away.

Day off from Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate, out and about, photos, bookshop in Herne Bay, bookshop in Margate, lunch at Quex Barn
Plenty of photos and I was tempted by this for the 

mystery picture

I'm having technical issues so the rest of the pictures will have to be tomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.