Wednesday 20 November 2019

Mystery photo, inside The Granville bars complex, the answers to yesterday's mysteries.

Today's mystery Thanet photo is a difficult one, I wouldn't have know the answer if I hadn't been told.

Next the news about saving the Granville Bars complex
here is the link to the article

Next some pictures of inside, it's a bit of a mixture of grandeur and squalor
























 This blocked off shaft in The Granville, which may have been for a lift, would have made a very difficult mystery picture, I managed to resist the temptation.

If you want to see the rest of the photos, I published them as a series of four linked pages
here is the link to the photos

On to the answers to yesterday's mysteries


The main one was Truro Court Hotel
 There is a mystery tunnel associated with this hotel that may interest readers
Here is the link to my blog post about it 




on to Margate









On to my day, which was another one fitting more shelving into the science fiction, fantasy and horror section here at Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate.
The middle bookcase was a door last week, note all the sawdust on the floor.
link to the books we put out today
I have been explaining photography to a teenager, as I was a teenager when I learnt how to use a camera it's an interesting experience and perhaps I will become less of a point and shoot without breaking my stride photographer again.

I am considering doing some blogs about camera controls or perhaps some vlogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.