Tuesday 19 November 2019

Mystery Picture, King Street Ramsgate photos and what you expect

Do you know where this was, The building has gone now

Here is the answer to yesterday's mystery picture
The Red arrow at the top of the picture points to the bit of old Ramsgate that I zoomed in on yesterday, the top of Thai Village in Harbour Street - can you remember what it used to be called before it changed hands a few weeks ago?

Here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate we have had a quiet day and I have been working on improving the shelving in the "Science Fiction" section. When I have finished we should have an extra eleven or twelve shelves of science fiction, fantasy and horror books. This is part of the current bookshop problem inasmuch as we now have the only large secondhand and therefore reasonably priced selection of science fiction, fantasy and horror books in East Kent.

To be honest, with the issues surrounding bookshops and full priced books, quite a bit of our secondhand stock in that section is new and sourced from shops that have closed or are on the brink.

photos of the books we put out today

This gives you a good idea of the books people read here in Ramsgate.

It's very difficult to judge how hard people will find the mystery pictures so here is another one you may want to guess.

I have come up with a strategy for taking out and about photos in the winter when I have gloves on and my reading glasses in my pocket (as the steam up)
  
and bought a little pocket camera which has an optical viewfinder that lets me see what I am taking photos of without reading glasses. Note the dust from the carpentry. it will be interesting to see how long it lasts in my pocket.

Here is the link to today's late afternoon pictures, mostly King Street in Ramsgate.

Difficult taking the pictures and trying to avoid including children, which is something I try to do these days.

More old local pictures next











 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.