Friday 13 July 2018

Margate Royal School for the Deaf photos, Tinnitus and headphones, the inevitable Ramsgate photos old an new


 This one went from asylum
 to royal asylum


 to royal school and finally the Quality Care Commission deaf sentence - frankly not such a good outcome for some of the disabled children and young adults there who subsequently had nowhere to go. 



Friday afternoon at the Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate aka Wetherspoons, as sometimes happens I arrived without the right stuff. The sketch I was doing from the only seat vacant where I had one in progress was the only one I had left behind. Worse than this I had left my inflatable cushion behind, this means sitting here on a metal seat for over an hour is out of the question. Oh well I guess worse things happen on Friday 13th and being of a moderately superstitious nature I an taking this as an omen and writing the blog instead.

On the personal front I have tinnitus which is aggravated by some sounds and I have been experimenting with active sound cancelling headphones. Last time I posted about this on the blog and linked the post to different Facebook groups there was a fair amount of comment and interest.

To be honest I think this is mostly an age thing although in my case it wasn't.

Over the past year or so I bought a variety of active sound cancelling headphones, mostly what I can only describe as on ear, although I got one set of in ear ones that made the tinnitus worse.

Eventually I bit the bullet and bought a pair of over ear (covers the whole ear) Bose ones, (expensive) when used in some ways and in some environments these reduce or prevent much of my tinnitus. It’s a bit complicated as amplified sound and total silence, are some of the things that can make it worse.
Anyway the other day I bought a pair of the Bose in ear ones (also expensive) and am finding them every bit as useful in combating the tinnitus as the over ear ones.

I think the main aspect is that they can make one sound, radio, music file etc relatively much louder than all of the other background sounds and all at a very low overall volume.


Links next

The photos from my camera's SD card including the ones where miss the planes that flew over Ramsgate today altogether here is the link

Work, advertising, wosisname here is the link



1 comment:

  1. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from tinnitus, I have suffered from ringing ears since the year 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the buzzing sound in my right ears, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including tinnitus, at first i doubted if it we be able to cure me, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from tinnitus just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from tinnitus you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.