Saturday 28 July 2018

Ramsgate Margate

Bit of a strange day today as I haven't really done very much. Recovery mode after the heat, although apart from the wind cooling things off in the shade, it still seems pretty hot to me.

The three pictures of the Dreamland Hall by the Sea, Sangers

Next pictures of Turner Contemporary in 2011

My understanding is that it costs £2m per year to run Turner Contemporary, so I was a bit surprised the read that Bernie’s Chocolate Bar in Margate's flatiron is to close see https://theisleofthanetnews.com/bernies-chocolate-bar-in-margate-to-close-its-doors-next-month/


When I talk to Margate traders Grayson Perry is often mentioned

 Here in Ramsgate, Harbour Hoo-Ha as part of Ramsgate Festival of sound in Pier Yard this is the link

We are along way from looking at this


and considering doing this

To build a venue

like this. We did you know.

Ah yes more, so regeneration through arts, privately funded which most of Ramsgate's is, publicly funded, or should the public regeneration funding go into something else? Dreamland perhaps. Some of it in Ramsgate perhaps - apart from Port Ramsgate that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.