Thursday 26 July 2018

Westbrook in Thanet, a small heatwave post

 I think for a while in Edwardian times Westbrook changed its name to Westonville
 I would guess it aspired to be the new Ciftonville
 On a hot day the seafront prom etc tends to be a fair bit cooler than Margate
 It certainly was today, we walked as far as the edge of Margate seafront and turned back as it was too hot.
 We bought some books for the bookshop in Herne Bay this morning - probably the wrong ones because of the heat
 The buying of fiction for the bookshop is a difficult one as I dont want to buy too many titles I already have.
 Today I did this using the photos of the fiction books on the shelves in the bookshop here is the link 
 










 












Sorry if there are any repeats in that lot.

I quite like painting Margate from Westbrook as the light is mostly behind me.
Today's effort, done in sunglasses and wilting in the heat, came out rather strange.

A couple of pretty strange replies from pins re the Manston DCO and how they deal with ensuring the the money paid to them and other people in the course of the DCO process is legitimately sourced. Here are the links - link 1 link 2 with RiverOak RSP seeming to source their funds from tax havens and the UK Gov cracking down on this at the moment; I wondered how this would work.

I think Ramsgate Town  Council have bought the old fire station in Effinghm Street which I think they will turn into a new town hall. I have reservations on two counts with this one, the first being, will they be able to get out of their lease commitments to The Custom House and the other is that I have always tried to get them to take an ordinary empty shop in the town centre with a clerk on the desk whose job is to sort out local people's problems, contact the right person in the right part of local or national government.

A few photos of Westbrook today here is the link

For the dedicated followers this is the link the books we put out for sale yesterday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.