Monday 26 November 2018

A few thoughts on Thanet issues and some old photos, possible signs of a werewolf in Canterbury


Thanet District Council has issued a press release saying that the number of rough sleepers has halved since this time last year. This is an interesting one as the number of people begging on the Thanet streets because they say they are homeless seems to have increased a lot in the last year.

This is the link to the TDC press article

This is the the link to the UK Gov. guidance

Not sure about the solutions with this one, I think that there may be potential in what the Americans would call trailer parks. I have considerable reservations about town centres being the best place for people with substance dependency issues. Initially housing people in mobile homes with on site support is the only real solution that I can think of.

I try to consider these issue in terms of what I would want were I to find myself in that position.







 This next batch are from the Mick Twyman collection and all titled Tongue Lightship Christmas 1900. Bobby &Co started in Margate in the mid 1800s. I have reservations about the date as if this is 1900 then it is probably the oldest surviving photo of a lorry.


Here in the bookshop I am always looking for ways to show pictures of the books we have on the internet and it occurred to me that putting the camera on panorama setting and moving along the shelves in the Children's Section instead of rotation the camera on it's axis in the normal way that you do for a panorama would do. What? Something I guess.
A bit like unfolding three sides of a cube. this would need a lot of practice to get something where the titles of all the books were readable and in focus.

Conventional daily bookshop photographs of all of the books we put out every working day is the most successful of the various experiments in this area.

Here is the link to today's 


 Advertising? I just don't know really. Still on the book theme and this time Alice in Wonderland. Perhaps? I noticed this door in Canterbury, the height of the handle and the lock. Suggest?
  Something about a foot high, with keys. A rabbit? Highly trained dog? The pictures will probably expand if you click on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.