Tuesday 27 November 2018

Ok it's Ramsgate Motor Museum photos, a bit of a winge and some 2010 Thanet photos

First about 100 photos of inside Ramsgate Motor Museum, click on them to expand them, I dont think they will get very big, both my digital camera and the internet were much smaller around 20 years ago.

As with most of my photos, this was a copy and paste job and you dear reader can try to ignore the ones that are not much good, look the other way. 









































































































Often difficult to know what to say on the blog. I have had a day of difficult correspondence, I leave it, as one does, and then it all builds up and I have to do my replies on one day.

Rather a lot of text in this blog, diversionary to the correspondence don't you know. I have compensated for this with a lot of pictures  

Manston of course lurks at the back of one’s mind, somewhat like the square root of minus one, I have to fess up here to not having read all the documents, but then I guess there is still plenty of time, here is my last email from pins:-

-----Original Message-----
From: Manston Airport
To: michaelchild@aol.com
CC: Manston Airport
Sent: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 16:19
Subject: RE: 

Dear Mr Child

Thank you for your email.

If you are seeking clarification about the content of the environmental assessment, please contact the Applicant.

Otherwise, there will be various opportunities for you to make representations to the Examining Authority in the course of the six month examination.

We will write to you in due course with your invitation to the Preliminary Meeting which will include a draft Examination Timetable.

Kind regards

Manston Airport Case Team
National Infrastructure Planning

Temple Quay House, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN
Helpline: 0303 444 5000

Web: https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/ (National Infrastructure Planning)
Twitter: @PINSgov

This communication does not constitute legal advice.
Please view our Privacy Notice before sending information to the Planning Inspectorate.”

There will, of course, be those who have read and digested the application, although as they would have had to have done this to 600 pages a week since the application, I would view anyone saying the fully understand all of the implications with some scepticism.

Here is my last email to the RSP RiverOak team:-

To: manston
CC: manstonairport ; manstonconsultation
Sent: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 21:20
Subject: clarification about the dispersion

Hi I have been told by pins the when “seeking clarification about the content of the environmental assessment, please contact the Applicant”

I am seeking clarification about the dispersion figures you are using for airborne particulates, this would normally be expressed as µg/m3 against km from source, often presented in the form of a graph, could you kindly give me the figures you are using both for PM10 and PM2.5 particulates.

Best regards Michael”

My take on Manston is still one of lacking viable arguments against the most simple of reasons as to why it wouldn’t be able to compete with the existing airports, or how the environmental issues would be mitigated. So at the moment it is still yes to a small regional airport but no to a major airfreight hub. There is also an area where the lack of a reasonable chance of a freight hub being viable makes me think there is an ulterior motive, probably some sort of land grab.

Port Ramsgate also keeps popping up, local government’s solution to a series of financial failures there, only comparable locally to Manston Airport, seems to be based on a totally disastrous brexit this time round, where the UK gets the worst aspects of both being an EU member and not being one.

There are of course a group of people who want brexit regardless of how bad it is, how much damage is done to the economy, just as there a group of people who want an airport at Manston, even if no passengers can fly from it and the freight plane pollution significantly reduces life expectancy and increases the likelihood of getting dementia. Of course as Christmas gets closer then the turkeys clustering around the polling booths are getting restless.

I can see a situation developing where the council lose a huge amount of money supporting a ferry service that tourists can’t actually use. Could such a thing happen?

      
 Some 2010 photos click on this link

I think the main snag with these photos is the dirt on the sensor, back in 2010 I didn't really understand digital cameras like I do now, so I tried to go on with them as though I wanted really to have a film camera. Back in the good old days I had a SLR film camera and a lot of lenses, well every time you changed the lens a few specks of dust fell on the film, of course this didn't matter much because I wound the film on much more than I changed lenses. As you can see from the skies, you can't wind the sensor on, so for the blog a DSLR was a bit of a fail for loads of snaps.

    
Not many books priced and put out today

here is the link to the photos of them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.