Tuesday 13 November 2018

Ramsgate and St. Laurence 1946, 1870 and 1854

We have finally managed to get the 1946 St Laurence booklet into print, I blogged about it around a month ago and then we had technical issues, don’t ask.


Anyway it is out in the bookshop at £1.99 but not yet on our website with a buy it now button, I aim to get it there eventually. It will be post free when I do.


The next bit of the post is from Illustrated London News for 1870, we have the first 6 months in stock and one of the customers browsing it pointed out this Ramsgate article which I snapped for the blog
I think it is just about readable if you click on it and expand it. Apparently it wasn't so there you go 



We are working on a book of early victorian Ramsgate prints at the moment and I hadn't seen this one of Christ Church before and I thought I had seen a the Rock and Co ones.

I did pop out and take a few Ramsgate photos today

here is the link

boys and their toys


I mean to say


chopped the top of the lighthouse trying to shoot the bird, but not in a die way. Not really but I am seriously having trouble getting my horizons straight after the camera change.

On to work today and the books we put out

Here is the link to them





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.