Friday 2 November 2018

Ramsgate Art Club exhibition at Nice Things Harbour Street Ramsgate, a bit of a ramble and a few historic local pictures.

Art exhibition first

Formed out of an Ageless Thanet arts activity in 2016, Ramsgate Art Club is now a thriving creative hub which meets weekly to draw, paint, chat and drink coffee!  A diverse range of backgrounds within the Club is mirrored in the variety of media explored, including graphite, watercolours, acrylic, mixed media and oils.  The uniting force is a joy in being creative and sharing that enthusiasm. In addition to the three exhibitions RAC creates each year, many of its members contribute to further local exhibitions as well as solo shows in Thanet.

RAC meets every Thursday morning in the Community Room at Tesco, Westwood Cross.  The weekly fee is £2 per person which covers the cost of indemnity insurance as well as the funding of teaching and demonstrations by Kent artists.  Tea, coffee and biscuits are kindly provided by Tesco.  If you would like to join or have a taster session just pop along to the Community Room any time between 10.30am-12.30pm on Thursdays.







Next the historic photos











Wetherspoons to eat this evening steak on special offer which was about as good as we would have produced at home and not really much more expensive.
But to be honest it really isn't about the food or drink as much as the view, having worked all day and it being dark because of the clocks going, was it on?
This was the view from our table, perhaps easier to explain with the gif
I guess in a way the bookshop is another leisure destination that does what it says on the tin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.