Monday 12 November 2018

Photo of the mill at Pegwell, County Music in Canterbury today's photos of Ramsgate in the dark etc

Over the years there have been various speculations about whether there was really a mill at Pegwell Bay, this photo from around 1850 shows it

 The first mention of it was in William Coles Finch first published in 1933, we don't have a copy in stock at the moment. Although visually of course the well known print in Shakespeare Ireland's dubious history of the county.

1828 picture by Shepherd for Ireland's history of Kent
Shopping wise our quest for a narrow necked nylon string guitar goes on, County Music in Canterbury is we think the best of the local guitar shops, certainly the only one so far where we have got close.

Although not nylon first place to have the Baby and Big Baby Taylor

Link to photos of shop

From my point of view as a shopkeeper I still really don't understand why there are still quite a few guitar shops trading. The other shops that really interest me, artist's materials, tools, cameras and bookshops are much more depleted.

Still shopping in Canterbury, there is an Independent Magazine Popup just opened

Link to photos of the shop  

Workwise

Link to photos of books

that is the ones we put out today.

Ramsgate today

Here is the link to the photos


3 comments:

  1. Great news that Newsstand has opened a shop in Canterbury. This long established family firm is based in Whitstable and operates an efficient on-line mail order operation which I have used for several years. Alas, you don't offer an address and I can't spot the location from your photos. Could you please tell us where? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that Chuck it's in the shop that was Kennedy's shoe shop in Sun Street opposite Pork & Co, I will make amendments

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.