Saturday 24 November 2018

Ramsgate slipway winding gear photos, Thanet pictures ramble etc

A few old photos (click to expand) in the blog post, mostly me failing to find a good place to copy old photos where I am working in the bookshop and perhaps some or all of the post reflected on a conventional website.

The only comment on yesterday’s post, which I will reply to eventually raised two questions that interested me.

One was related to stopping blogging because of putting information about yourself online, and yes I do concede that there are risks associated with this, but and for me it’s a very big but, without some sort of record that I can relate to, I would obliterate much of my past and the associated memories.


Or in this instance forget all about the WW2 MGB/MTB maintenance slipways that were built as part of HMS Fervent, I think I took these photos in 2010
 I think the winding gear dates from WW2 but the motors were changed from the WW2 petrol engines in perhaps the 1960s, form what I have been told but looking them as a mechanic of sorts they look 1950s



















The other thing in the comment was why publish the whole content of my camera card instead of just the good photos.

this is the link to the photos I took with my camera today

I think that it may be difficult to understand the way I operate with the blog, I work in the bookshop, have children at school, publish books about this area, paint pictures of this area and take photos.

Most of the photos I take with one of my smallish cameras, whichever one I am favouring at the time I keep in my pocket, at the moment it's the Nikon P610. So I went to Wetherspoons today for lunch, pained a bit of picture, wrote some replies to correspondence and took some photos.

With the photos, at the moment I haven't seen them either, all I did was shove the camera.s SD card, highlight the whole lot, cut and paste them to the website. this isn't like cut and paste on a computer the it's much slower and while it's getting there I write the blog.

So the question is, do I go through and delete the ones I don't like?

Added to this is the slipway winding gear photos from 2010, suppose I had only kept the best one, is there another record, some other photos of them that is?

here is the the link to a pano


It won't expand enough on the blog



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.