Saturday 17 November 2018

Ramsgate and Margate pictures

 I would guess this one of The Royal Victoria Pavilion is mid 1950s after 1952 anyway becase of the Bedford CA van bottom right
 These next 2 are of Chatham House School the one above from a small history that I will reprint eventually and the one below I would guess is from the 1950s or 60s
 I assume they are all boys, does anyone know?
 Ramsgate High Street I would guess 1930s
 I think this is probably 1930s too
 Hard to put a date on this one without a lot of image searching

on to Margate

This one says Margate Flower Show 1905
This is Love Lane in Margate, I would guess in around 1905 although what it is the the girls are enjoying is lost in time.

Link to today's Ramsgate photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.