Wednesday 7 November 2018

The council build big sandcastle in Ramsgate and a few old local pictures








The council don't mess about like mere mortals when it comes to playing with the sand.

I suppose even at the lowly of a district council the main premise of good politics, governance wosisname applies. I think it took the 1960s and the philosopher John Rawls to eventually get it in to words and published in 1972, roughly speaking a good political system is:- One which you would choose to be born into without knowing what your status would be, race, wealth, sex, disability and so it goes on, but most importantly includes whether you end up making the decisions or having to abide by them.

Today's photos, basically still playing with the secondhand camera that I bought the other day, Nikon P610. The only really irritating thing so far is that I don't think you can set it so it starts saving images to a different folder at the start of every day. I may have to timestamp the photos.

Obviously the giff above was made using the camera, plugging the camera card into the phone, uploading it to Google Photos, highlighting the pictures and tapping "Make Animation"

 I had a bit of a play using the multiple exposure setting in the bookshop, I haven't had this feature on a camera since my Nikon F, which I bought in around 1972, that was secondhand too and cost more than the secondhand BSA Super Rocket motorbike I was riding around on, about 8,000 Mars Bars,
 The camera I bought the other day cost about 300 Mars Bars
Bit a, "what are you drinking? the water or the wave" issue here in manual focus, what are you focusing on the surfer or the sea?, but it will get better, the optical viewfinder is pretty good for a bridge camera.

Link to the rest of today's photos

The wifi app is pretty atrocious and shows you why the Gopro got going apart from the climate seal aspect which the P610 doesn't have, allthatsaid still the best camera I have ever owned all round.

The most important aspects for me being, fits in my pocket, works well hand held and isn't emulated by mobile phones.

3 comments:

  1. The free Nikon app ViewNXi will take a batch of photos and let you rename them with info from the EXIF data. First job I do when I download a set of images from the camera is to use this to rename them using date and time. Of course you have to have set that correctly on the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil this camera has satellite connection so will name files with date time and location automatically I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suaspect it'll name them sequentially and then put the other info in the EXIF

      Delete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.