Monday 4 February 2019

Old Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs photos etc

Margate seafront I think, but I have no idea what the event is
 The Astoria Cinema Margate, Cliftonville I think, opened in 1934 and destroyed by bombing during WW2
 These two the inside and outside of the cafe in Eaton Road

 Makers of Sanger's horse
 Frogman at Margate Jetty

 I think this is Margate
 Margate Marine parade I would guess around 1900
 Seaman's Mission Margate




 On the left is Ramsgate Town Hall on the right the frontage of Queen Street with the front of Lloyds Bank on the far right.

As far as my going out and about today, well the weather, wet or dull, was not really any good for photography, work wise apart from slowly re pricing the tool catalogue section.

It's easy to get sucked in

 the last one was a garage tool catalogue
 The accessories section taking me back to a time when the cheaper secondhand cars didn't have heaters
 and seatbelts were an optional extra
                                 
This is the link to the photos of the books we put out   

                                                     

1 comment:

  1. 1st sepia one is on the corner of King Street - became Green Shield Stamps, then Argos, now flats.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.