Friday 22 February 2019

Blighty Photos Painting and so on.

Some old Ramsgate photos






Some old Margate photos
According to recent editions of the Oxford English Dictionary, the word derives from "bilayati", a regional variant of the Hindi word "vilayati", meaning "foreign", "British", "English" or "whitey." In India, vilayati came to be known as an adjective meaning European, and specifically English or British.



 Oval steps 1947

Work wise in the bookshop here are the picture of the books we put out

Today's out and about photos were taken in February 2010 Here is the link to them  
It does beg the question of which ones to delete.

Steak in Wetherspoons this evening this comes out a about £11 per person including a drink.

 I added a bit more to my watercolour sketch, spot the difference if you like

To fill it with people painting wise for me it needs to be full of people


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.