Thursday 14 February 2019

Spring at Last? valentines day 2019









 Sad to see the Model Shop has gone






We had a day off in Ramsgate today

Not really sure if this one will ever develop into a finished painting, but the seat is usually empty even when Wetherspoons is very busy, so I am learning stuff, perhaps.

As you can see very pleasant in Ramsgate today, much more like a spring day than a winter one, people sitting outside the cafes even a couple of people in the sea. The rest of the photos, warts and all if you want them.
Here is the link

For the dedicated bookshop followers here is the link to the photos of yesterdays new arrivals 

Happy valentines day to all my readers. The unfinished and maybe unfinishable paining of the inside of the Royal Victoria Pavilion will have to do by way of a card 



5 comments:

  1. Please can you tell me anything about the splendid photo of the man sweeping in between the tracks at a railway station?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Sorry Jimmy, part of the Twyman collection and it just says Margate Station on the file, Photos you could try working through Anthony Lee's Margate history website, to be honest I am not even sure which Margate Station it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fascinating, as it's a terminus. I'll try to discover when the line ended at Margate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your route worked, thank you! Margate history site captions photo as Margate Sands Station, 1858.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it worked out, I think the telling issue is how hard it is to get there using Google now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.