Sunday 2 June 2019

Old local pictures although some a bit further afield than usual

The first three are of Pleasurama aka many things. Chick to expand


Apologies first as I had too many commitments to get to the bucket and spade run in Ramsgate today.

I went to Canterbury and did manage to buy some books there for Michael's Bookshop where I work.

I took a few photos Ramsgate on the way out and in and Canterbury

Here is the link to the photos

I think they mostly tell the story of part of my day, if you have school age children and go to work then you will understand that spare time has a sort of meaning.

Anyway a four wheeled shopping trolley and apart from the books
  I also bought a few postcards that appealed to me, all local but not all Thanet, so they are next, although as I just took photos of them the versions on the photos link above may be batter than clicking on them to expand them.











  At some point having had an ice cream and cup of tea in McDonald's while sketching out of the window, the attraction of air con, loo, and fluid overcame me


Later on a bit more sketching from Chocolate Cafe
This sketch is about making windows look three dimensional in different ways

Once again I am having issues with the internet so writing the blog is turning into a bit of a chore.

Interesting BREXIT article in the New York Times I have only just got there, the viewpoint of the foreign media on our current political crisis can be sobering. Euronews can also be interesting working in a shop and talking to people I don't think I ever remember the country so divided. Oh to see ourselves as others see us and all that, perhaps.

To be honest, running a small business the economic indicators for the future scare the hell out of me.

Oh well back to work tomorrow in the bookshop

Here is the link to the pictures of the books we put out yesterday 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.