Thursday 20 June 2019

Keble's Penny Guide to Thanet for 1885, out and about


The pages to the guide should expand with a bit of compulsive clicking, one to browse in the bookshop before buying really, but for the geographically disadvantaged here is the link to the inevitable buy it now button  

Although Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate where I work as a shop assistant was closed today as it always is on Thuardays, it was a busy day on the book front for me, various book house calls buying large collections of books and a visit to the charity bookshop in Herne Bay followed by several bookshops in Canterbury.

A few photos in Canterbury and a bit of sketching out of the upstairs window of McDonald's there, it was very busy with a a verity of nationalities of young people, a very good atmosphere for sketching, which eventually improved.

I hope King Boris or Hunt don't bring this to an end as it would probably cripple the economies of both Ramsgate and Canterbury. Canterbury in particular is suffering badly from shop closures at the moment.

On the bookshop front we put out quite a lot of books yesterday





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.