Thursday 27 June 2019

Margate and Ramsgate archive photos and a bit of shopping in Canterbury

 This Margate photo is about 1890
 106a High St Margate

 This is Quelch's Garage which I think was Albion Rd Cliftonville
 Bottom of Margate High St







 Harbour Parade Ramsgate
between 1870 and 1890 because of the high Granville tower and Royal Albion Hotel
Later as you see the bank has replaced the hotel, now Pizza Express

Back to work tomorrow after a day off from Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate
link to the new acquisitions
or however you put it.

My day photo wise is a bit of a mix of camera and phone photos
Link to today's photos
I am reminding my blog readers that I snap away and keep my photos on the internet mostly so I know I have been alive on a given day.

I painted a bit more on one of my Canterbury sketches as you can see above, well probably not as it's a bit of spot the difference.

The Canterbury shots inside shops are mostly Necessary Furniture at Canterbury Industrial Park and Fenwick's which will soon be Canterbury's last remaining department store.

Department stores are not something I really understand so it's difficult for me to judge Fenwick's. And I think that I don't really understand them is part of the problem. As an ageing man, there isn't a lot for me, I do expect something to sit on, free wifi or something that interests me while the members of the species who engage with clothes shopping do so. Standing in the corner with sound cancelling headphones on to block out the background sounds, dark glasses to block out... Well not my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.