Friday 28 June 2019

The Land Train at Ramsgate old Margate and so on

One way of going up the wall at Ramsgate Harbour

 This is Ramsgate's rather pointless pier, you need to appreciate the reason piers were built was so that there would be enough depth of water for paddle steamers to get their passenger on and off, at Ramsgate there was - well sill is - a paddle steamer quay at the end of the east pier.

In recent years, say for the waverly getting on board has been done at the end of the west pier. We publish a book about Ramsgate's rather pointless pier, one to browse in the shop unless you are geographically disadvantaged in which case here is the link when you get there there are also link to further pages about this.
 This is Margate looking towards Ramsgate Road.

 Cecil Square I would guess in 1953 decorated for the coronation

 St John's Margate
 Margate
 and Margate again
 Ramsgate
 This says Ramsgate on it
 but then so does this and I don't think it is
 This is Ramsgate Model Village

I think this is Standen's at Plains of Waterloo
And this Sanden's in King Street Ramsgate opposite us, Michael's Bookshop, this building was knocked down to make way for part of the CoOp now CoOp funeral services.

It seems we are in for a hot weekend and I have been working away in the bookshop prior to skiving off, probably to The Pavilion, to either paint or try to paint something tomorrow.

Lots of local and general history amongst the books we put out today

Link to the photos of today's books

 Apart from this unicorn which had ascended to the peak of it's mistress's available reality
 and another massive car delivery to the council's biggest and most expensive car park
 you can see that here in Ramsgate shop window display can be mind blowing.


Link to the rest of today's Ramsgate Photos

and finally a bit more added to my sketch of Ramsgate seafront
Not finally really

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.