Thursday 6 June 2019

Ramsgate Town Hall and other stuff

This is a picture of Ramsgate Town Hall
that was built before this one was built in 1839. The authority here is the local historian and author of several of the local books we have in the bookshop Don Long, unfortunately as Don died several years ago any further information is unavailable.

I went off to Folkestone today where I bought some books for the bookshop, for the dedicated

Link to the photos of the books we put out yesterday


I did a bit of sketching and then this evening went down to Ramsgate seafront, took a few photos and did a bit more sketching.

Link to today's photos

the rest of the text will be at the bottom of this post if I get around to writing it.

 This photo is of the children killed in one of the WW1 raids on Ramsgate










This one is outside the Deal Cutter in King Street Ramsgate.

The rest is basically my day for me.

Added this watercolour sketch in Folkestone from Chocolate Cafe

this quick sketch over a cuppa in McDonald's
I mainly use McDonald's as you don't have to wait, if you order using the machine and take the table marker to your table. The tea is a known make and fairly drinkable, ice-cream and muffins are also fairly ok and cheap.

Back in Ramsgate
 Spot the difference

The same applies with Wetherspoons

QtyDescriptionAmount
1Children's ice cream pot£0.99
Main£0.00
1Tea - free refills (Cup)£1.55
Payment TypeGoogle Pay
Order Total£2.54
VAT (20%)£0.42
Thank you for your order

Sit at the table, order with the app, start painting and it arrives, I you only want something small, in my case a 99p ice cream, then use the children's menu 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.