Tuesday 18 June 2019

Ramsgate in 1867 and today

The Picture's of the pages are from Bear's Gide to Ramsgate for 1867 this link will take you to the inevitable buy it now button and further sample pages.










this is the link to today's photos

I have to admit that sometimes I despair of Thanet District Council, I reported the big chunk of loose tiles on the Royal to them after one of the winter storms 16.12.2018 and still nothing has been done about them.

These photos were taken today



What do you do? Report it again? I think the more you report local problems the more they get to dislike you the less attention they pay to your problems and the less they do. Theoretically council's are supposed to want independent shops, in practice I sometimes wonder.


 two sessions painting at the Pav today this one after work this evening.
and this one before work this morning. In both cases it is very much a case of, spot the difference.

With the painting it isn't long before I would struggle with which part of which painting I painted when

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.