Tuesday 11 June 2019

Old Margate and Ramsgate photos + the ususal stuff

 This picture of maintenance to ramsgate harbour in about 1900 should expand fairly well if you click on it a bit
this detail a bit fuzzy shows you where the work is going on
 the inner basin drained in about 1900 you can see the engineers checking the frofile of the stone side of the basin.
 it must have been quite a storm


 This is the breakthrough of the surface drainage pipe for the Pleasurama development into the harbour. 
 The demolition of Margate Gasworks
 repairs to Margate Jetty



 freight plane over Ramsgate before Manston closed

 this is the oldest map of Ramsgate in the early 1700s

This is the only photo I took today that I was pleased with
here is the link to the rest
On the work front
here is the link to books we put out today

finally near the end of the day 
a bit more work on this watercolour sketch of part of Ramsgate from the Pavilion. a bit of a spot the difference 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.