Sunday 8 July 2018

Margate today as another bookshop bites the dust

So first The Eastern Esplanade Cliftonville the home of Tiverton Books
 An unusual place for a bookshop
 Recently they had only been opening on Sunday mornings
 so this wasn't entirely unexpected

"Tiverton Books will be closing.    The area which we rent from the hotel has, over the past couple of years, suffered from water ingress in several places, plus some issues with the electricity supply.  In order for the owners to rectify these issues, the whole area needs gutting and starting again, so we will be vacating the property.
 
Our last open date will be Sunday 29th July (open every Sunday up until then of course). "
Half price sale at the moment and their prices have always been very reasonable
 in the same ballpark as ours - so I was able to buy all the books I wanted and they are piled up on our till desk now.
On to the Old Bank hospice bookshop on Margate seafront, the upstairs of this has been turned into a gallery for mostly secondhand prints, so not so good.

The books will probably mostly be priced, photographed put on the bookshop blog tomorrow and out on the shelves via the shop window.

On to Turner Cafe Contemporary plaza for tea and bacon sarni

I sketched for a bit, into the sun, polarised sunglasses with readers built into the bottom third of the lens. To be honest I was surprised to get a table outside and under a sunshade.

Some old Ramsgate pictures next




I am still carting around both the of my bridge cameras the Nikon P90 and the Canon S3 iS, wiht both of them I have a love hate relationship and in terms of results there isn't much to choose between them
Canon
Nikon
Canon
Nikon

Links to the pictures on their camera cards

Canon

Nikon

Of course if you look at the internet camera review and comparison sites nearly all of the best and worst aspects of both cameras don't get a mention and no one will ever show you the shots that didn't work out.

These are old cameras now and available cheaply, I am considering buying a newer and better bridge camera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.