Friday 19 April 2019

A bit of work on fishing smack sails in Ramsgate around 1890, click on pictures to expand









We were in Canterbury and Ramsgate today

link to the photos I took today

Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate is open tomorrow so I will be back at work in the middle of the Easter break

link to the photos of the last batch of books we put out

I started another watercolour sketch in The Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate aka Wetherspoons this evening, not much in the middle of a big sheet of paper. I am a bit busy to get much done on the painting front at the moment.

A couple of animations to try and show how busy it was this evening, the bottom on from where I started the new sketch


1 comment:

  1. Nice old Pictures of the boats they did work hard in those days probably a ongoing battle to keep
    everything working.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.