Thursday 4 April 2019

Ramsgate Carnival 2007 and Canterbury today


Book buying in Canterbury today so not any local photos in the can, most of the photos are Ramsgate 2007

For the dedicated followers of the bookshop










If you want to look at the rest of the 2007 Ramsgate Carnival photos I published the as a series of linked pages.

This is the link to the carnival photos 

As I said Canterbury today

This is the link to today's photos


Finally I am posting up my thoughts about the political situation as we are in the middle of the BREXIT crisis and in years to come I will want some sort of record.

There is a sort of theory that we live in a democracy and that the idea of this is to choose the best and brightest people to run the country. I think probably mainly because of the way the media presents or politics, we are repeatedly told that all politicians are bad people. I guess to some extent we have developed a situation where politics attracts more bad people than it should. I would think this is mostly based on a lot of people not wishing to stand, to be surrounded by bad people, to be presented as a bad person and so on.

Of course to get to the top of either of the main political parties you need to have the interests of the country as a fairly high priority.

As far as I can see our MPs have basically voted to give the decision about whether we stay in the EU or come out of the EU over to the EU.

One big factor here is that because it was predominantly old people who voted leave and the vote was very close, we now have a situation where the number of older remain voters who died since the referendum, means that if you count the people who voted that are still alive then we actually voted to remain.

The next election is for district and parish councillors. This is mainly the person who you phone up over rubbish housing street cleaning etc.

I think the idea is we decide which councillor would be best to resolve issues over the rubbish that hasn't been collected or Street to the hasn't been swept, on the basis of whether or not we don't like Jeremy Corbyn or Theresa May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.