Saturday 6 April 2019

It's 1969 and 1926 here at the bookshop in King Street Ramsgate and about 1180 in Canterbury Cathedral

 So here is the King Street bit for 1969
and for 1926.

Sketching in Canterbury for me today, hence a couple more Kelly's Directories for Thanet.

I have started paining another watercolour sketch in the cathedral, this is from sitting in the chancel looking up the north west transept.


I started painting the round window and the bits around it today.

I decided to use a whole sheet of watercolour paper which is a little bit smaller than A1 size, I have to cart this around rolled up in a tube that straps on my back. A bit like a quiver although I am too old and wearing too much to be mistaken for Cupid.

I painted my first large A2 (half as big) watercolour sketch from seat about 2 years ago 
 Some people like it and some don't, for anyone interested in the painting I was doing in Canterbury about 2 years ago here is a link to a page of progress photos

The quiver wosisname worked fairly well, at one point the end fell off, but repaired with a bit of string. I was a bit worried about what to rest the paper on, my A3 sketchbook opened out to A2 and resting on my legs and the back of the chair in front of me worked OK.

If you want closeups and/or more photos of Canterbury and my activity there today this is the link to the photos on my camera card

I was amazed at the number of empty retail units in The Butter Market, photos in the photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.