Tuesday 2 April 2019

Photos of Ramsgate and Sarre Mill on 2009 and a few of Pugin's Ramsgate Cliff Colapse

 I may add some more text to this one later. All of the pictures were previously published in 2009, the cliff collapse photos which I used because one of the block panels in the Pleasurama cliff wall had started to bulge, relate to when Pugin's cliff gallery collapsed in 1947.

Customer wise in the bookshop it was one of the quietest days we have had for ages, so we managed to catch up a bit. For the dedicated followers this is the link to the books we put out

I have to admit that I would have expected the beginning of this year to be adversely affected by uncertainty over BREXIT, but this is not the case and the steady increase in book sales hasn't changed for us.

I think the main worry at the moment would be export tariffs into Europe meaning the companies some of my customers work for having to relocate. A 10% export tariff into Europe is the norm for non EU countries. I also think the local fishing industry which exports a lot of their catches to Europe may be hard hit.

I am hoping this will be offset by a continued increase in sales.

This is a quote from the BBC today. "The PM wants to work with Jeremy Corbyn on a plan"  no doubt plan C.

Apparently we have now passed the point where more people voted to stay in than come out, here is the link to the article

Would that have any impact on Plan C I wonder?

There is an aspect of driving through BRXIT when the majority of living UK voters actually voted to stay in that is paradoxical.
One way or another I'll do my best to ensure bookshop, blog etc survive what I expect to be challenging times. I would say we are coming into a period where it will be best to have a fixed pension or work in the public sector.







 Here is the bulging panel, after months of moaning at the council they hacked it out and replaced it, how this could be done with building roughly the same height as the cliff 12 feet away from the cliff has never been explained.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.